Monday, September 1, 2008

A Word to the Wise

The very back part of your dryer gets really hot when you are drying clothes. If I had to estimate, I'd say it is about 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit, but it might be a bit hotter. Do not touch it for any reason, even if you suspect that that hideously annoying squeaking noise, which is making your ears feel like they have glass in them, could be coming from back there. Second degree burns may be "minor" if they are less than 3 inches big, but they still hurt like burning fire for hours upon hours. I know, only an idiot would touch hot metal, but we all know there are a lot of idiots out there. Not you or me, but, you know... out there.

4 comments:

little.monkey said...

Owwww...that sounds painful. I have sympathy for whomever it was that did that. Oww...

Anonymous said...

MOMMY, I PEED ON THE SCARY MANS SLEEPING BAG. THREE TIMES TODAY. MAYBE FOUR. HAVE TO BE HONEST, I DO THIS ALOT WHEN YOU AREN'T LOOKING.

Christy said...

Laughing so hard at Mango's comment.

Burning yourself would really stink... I heard of a girl once, who may or may not be related to the girl who burnt her hand on the dryer, who burnt her arm on the iron because it took a second to realize what the sizzling sound was.

Anonymous said...

Bad Mango! :)

Well I haven't done that, but I'm idiotic enough to have probably done it at some point. Thanks for the warning. :)